We have all grown up listening to our mothers telling us to eat healthy foods because “you are what you eat.” But, most of us didn’t pay much heed to it.
After all, listening to that advice meant you would have to let go of all your favorite foods, which at that point in life mainly included unhealthy, calorie-rich fast foods.
But, it seemed that Vincent DePaul remembered that childhood advice quite well because this is exactly what makes the motto of his restaurant – Gangster Vegan Organics.
Making veganism as cool as gangsters are perceived, the Gangster Vegan menu is a breath of fresh air in today’s food industry dominated by unhealthy, processed, calorie-rich foods.
The restaurant offers a range of 100% vegan food items made in a healthy way using high-quality organic ingredients.
In addition to being vegan, Gangster Vegan’s food is also 100% gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and soy-free, making it suitable for an even wider audience.
Interested to know what the restaurant has to offer? Keep reading to learn it all about the Gangster Vegan Organics menu.
What are the Food Options at Gangster Vegan Organics?
Gangster Vegan options include:
- Wellness Shots
Seems like a good menu, doesn’t it? So, let’s dig deeper and find out the exact options in each category.
Gangster Vegan Menu – A Detailed Overview
It’s all vegan at Gangster Vegan Organics, which means you can order anything right off the menu without requesting customizations or inquiring about cooking methods.
Doesn’t it make you feel like taking a trip to this restaurant immediately? It sure makes me want to catch the next flight to Pennsylvania or Maryland (there are only three restaurant locations in these two states).
If you’re lucky enough to live in any of these places or are visiting, make sure to stop by at Gangster Vegan Organics in Norristown, Baltimore, or Riverdale. Here’s all that you can eat here:
Gangster Vegan Smoothies
The smoothie section has only three options, but I can totally imagine myself having them again and again and not getting bored with the list of ingredients. Your options include:
- C.R.E.A.M – A delicious, healthy, chocolaty drink made with banana, dates, cacao powder, cinnamon, sunflower seeds, and pink salt.
- Soul 4 Real – This one’s a slightly citrusy, antioxidant-rich berry drink made with seasonal berries, lemon juice, banana, dates, sunflower seeds, and pink salt.
- Aquemini – Green smoothies are all the rage lately. Gangster Vegan Organics also offers a nutrient-packed green smoothie variety made with kale, parsley, cucumber, lemon, apple, dates, and pink salt.
Gangster Vegan Juices
Cold-press juicing is known to help retain a higher content of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients of fruits and vegetables than regular juicing. This is why people are increasingly opting for cold-pressed juices.
Gangster Vegan brings you a range of fresh, cold-pressed juices in great flavor combinations. They are both healthy and delicious. The choices include:
- The Roots – Balancing the earthiness of root vegetables with citrusy freshness, this juice is made with beets, carrots, and oranges. Healthy, good for both your gut and skin, and simply delicious, this one (I feel like) is a must-try.
- The Truth – Like tangy juices? Try Gangster Vegan’s The Truth. It’s made with Granny Smith apples, pineapples, orange, and lemon and will have you feeling like you’re on a tropical island.
- The Blueprint – A cold-pressed green juice chock full of healthy nutrients from Granny Smith apples, celery, cucumber, lemon, chlorella, and spirulina.
- Greenlight – Another green juice variety, this one contains juices of celery, cucumber, and lemon, along with spirulina and chlorella powder.
- Flava In Ya Ear – I can’t tell you what this juice name means, but I can definitely tell you what it is made of. This cold-pressed, clear green juice is made with green apples, ginger, and lemon.
- Redman – Packed with antioxidants, this delicious orange-red colored drink is made with orange, strawberries, and lemon
Gangster Vegan Wellness Shots
Wellness shots have been a craze lately. These are condensed, cold-pressed juices that provide a stronger burst of healthy, beneficial nutrients for those who may not know.
They have also become popular as wellness boosters that people take when feeling a little under the weather to boost natural immunity.
Being dedicated to promoting healthy lifestyles, Gangster Vegan Organics can’t have these widely acclaimed wellness shots. The available varieties include:
- Cash Money – Packed with the medicinal properties of curcumin, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of gingerol, and a whole lot of other health-beneficial elements, this wellness shot contains juices of ginger, lemon, apple, beet, and cucumber, along with the golden spice; turmeric.
- Breathe – This vegan wellness shot from Gangster Vegan is made with kale, cucumber, apple, lemon, ginger, turmeric, and cayenne.
- Hangover – A little on the tangier side, this wellness shot contains apple cider vinegar, lemon, ginger, turmeric, and cayenne.
- 3 Shot Combo – As the name tells, this is the wellness shots combo with all three varieties.
Gangster Vegan Salads
Salads are great ways to load up on veggies and healthy nutrients. And, contrary to the common perception, they are not always bland and boring. If made the right way, salads can taste great too. Gangster Vegan salads are a testimony to this.
There aren’t very many salad options at Gangster Vegan Organics, but whatever there are seem quite promising and delicious. The choices include:
- Esta Loca – A Gangster Vegan’s spin on the classic taco salad is made with romaine lettuce, avocado, walnut taco meat, pickled jalapenos, pico de gallo, cashew nacho cheeze, and cilantro date dressing. Is your mouth watering yet?
- Notorious – A form of vegan tuna salad containing romaine lettuce, marinated kale, cucumbers, carrots, red bell pepper, red onion, sunflower seed tuna, cashew cheeze, and cilantro date dressing.
- Kalefornia Love – This crunchy, zesty, creamy salad is made with pickled cabbage, marinated ale, cucumbers, carrots, red onion, red bell pepper, and two types of vegan cheese – sunflower seed cheeze and cashew cheeze.
Gangster Vegan Bowls
Rice bowls are great. They are healthy, rich, filling, taste great, and are easy to make vegan. Gangster Vegan Organics offers four different types of vegan rice bowls. These include:
- Ay Papi – A spin on burrito bowl made with brown rice, romaine lettuce, walnut taco meat, black beans, avocado, pickled jalapenos, pico de gallo, cilantro date dressing, and cashew nacho cheeze.
- Kalefornia Soul – This rice bowl stars the healthy kale made delicious by marinating with a bunch of secret ingredients. Other elements of it include brown rice, pickled cabbage, black beans, cucumbers, carrots, red bell peppers, sunflower seed cheeze, and cashew cheeze.
- Dirty South –Bringing you the spicy BBQ flavor of the south, this vegan rice bowl at Gangster Vegan includes rice bowl, black beans, marinated kale, marinated mushrooms, roasted beets, pickled cabbage, carrots, homemade BBQ sauce, and sunflower seed cheeze.
- Alchemy – Taking inspiration from the Mediterranean, this rice bowl is made with the Mediterranean marinated garbanzo beans, brown rice, romaine lettuce, pickled cabbage, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, cashew cheeze, and ginger date sauce. Sounds delicious.
Gangster Vegan Burgers
Raw, dehydrated burgers will likely be the next big thing in plant-eaters communities. Gangster Vegan has two of those:
- ODB (Broccoli Burger) – As the name tells, this vegan burger stars the protein-packed broccoli. It features a dehydrated broccoli patty with marinated kale, pickled cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, red onion, and sunflower seed cheeze in two slices of dehydrated onion bread.
- SWIZZ BEATS (Beet Burger) – Made with the earthy, nutrient-rich beet, this vegan burger at Gangster vegan has a Mesquite BBQ dehydrated beet patty, romaine lettuce, pickled cabbage, carrots, and red onion with cashew nacho cheeze and homemade BBQ sauce inside dehydrated onion bread slices.
Gangster Vegan Desserts
Gangster Vegan Organics has plant-based, dairy-free, and egg-free desserts.
Six of them! Considering how hard it still is to find vegan desserts at restaurants, it surely is a haven for those with a sweet tooth. Your vegan dessert choices include:
- MOS DEF is a rich, creamy, melt-in-your-mouth Banana Chocolate Pie made with bananas (of course), cacao powder, cacao nibs, dates, coconut oil sunflower seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- SWEET THANG – This is a bright-yellow-colored vegan Sweet Potato Pie that not just appeals to the eyes, but will also surely creates a party in the mouth. The ingredients used to make it include sweet potatoes, dates, coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, sunflower seeds, and vanilla.
- YOU DA BOSS – This is a citrusy, tangy Lemon Berry Cheesecake made with lemon, strawberry, coconut oil, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, dates, and vanilla.
- BONITA APPLEBAUM – Caramelized apples have their own unique great taste. But, anything caramelized is typically not vegan. That’s not the case at Gangster Vegan, though. Everything is given a vegan twist here, including this Caramel Apple Cheezecake. It’s made with apples, maple syrup, coconut oil, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, and vanilla.
- GOJI LOVE – These are superfood energy balls made with Goji berries. There must surely be some other ingredients too in these balls, but the Gangster Vegan menu doesn’t highlight them. But, since it’s a 100% vegan restaurant, you can rest assured that they do not contain any non-vegan ingredients.
- NINO BROWNS – Love anything chocolate flavored? Try these chocolate superfood balls at Gangster Vegan. The restaurant menu doesn’t tell what these are made of, but all you need to know is that they are vegan. Nothing else matters.
Gangster Vegan Special Dishes
Almost every restaurant has some special items. Gangster Vegan Organics has one too, and that is:
- Fully Loaded (Baked Sweet Potato) – A healthier version of loaded potato, this dish is made with baked sweet potato that is topped with a range of healthy and delicious ingredients before serving to make it flavorful and filling. The toppings include marinated kale, pickled cabbage, black beans, cashew cheese, and nacho cashew cheeze.
Gangster Vegan Add-Ons
No matter what you choose to order for yourself from the Gangster Vegan Organics’ menu, you can make it richer, more flavorful, and filling with the following vegan add-ons:
- Sunflower Seed Tuna
- Walnut Taco Meat
- Pickled Jalapeno
Gangster Vegan is another addition to the country’s vegan dining space and certainly a good one. The restaurant not just offers vegan food but brings you plant-based food that is also healthy and made with the finest organic ingredients.
Moreover, Gangster Vegan limits the use of cooking to only when it’s absolutely necessary, like cooking rice. This makes its food also suitable for those following the raw vegan diet.
The only downside? It only has three locations – one in Pennsylvania (in Norristown) and two in Maryland (Riverdale and Baltimore). Do try this restaurant if you live at any of these places or visit them. I am pretty confident you will have a good experience.
Did you find this article helpful? Interested to learn about other vegan restaurants around the country? Check out my article Vegan Plate Menu to start this journey of uncovering vegan restaurants.