Finding healthy food is no longer a problem. There are plenty of options available. However, they usually come with higher price tags.
Whether you’re at a grocery store or dining at a restaurant, you have to pay more for healthy foods. It’s saddening because we certainly deserve better. But it’s not all dark out there.
There are still some places where you can have healthy, delicious food without breaking the bank. Jason’s Deli is one of the best ones among them. Interested to know if it has vegan food? Let’s find out and learn all about Jason’s Deli vegan options.
Does Jason’s Deli Have Vegan Options?
A delicatessen isn’t a place a vegan would want to go, and understandably so. Why would a plant-eater go to a place that’s specifically set up to sell various types of cheese and cold cuts?
But it’s a different story at Jason’s Deli.
Despite being a delicatessen restaurant, Jason’s has a separate vegetarian menu. You can get many vegetarian options made vegan with modifications. There are a few vegan food choices available as well.
What’s Vegan at Jason’s Deli?
Vegan options at Jason’s Deli include:
*Note that all these items require modifications to be made vegan.
- Organic Garden Vegetable Soup
- Avocado Toast
- Texacado Toast
- Build-Your-Own Sandwich
- Zucchini Garden Pasta
- Plain Jane
- Pollo Mexicano
- Chicken Club Salad
- Mesa Chicken Salad
- Nutty Salad
- Build-Your-Own Salad
- Nutty Wrap
- Spinach Veggie Wrap
- Breakfast Veggie Wrap
Jason’s Deli website has a vegan food filter. And it shows you quite a lot of options that are “OK to Eat with Modifications.”
However, many of them come originally with meat, mayo, and/or cheese and aren’t worth customizing. I have shortlisted the items that come standard as meat-free (vegetarian) or contain some interesting ingredients beyond meat and can easily be customized for the vegan diet.
Jason’s Deli Vegan Options 2022 – A Detailed Overview
Here’s how to order vegan food at Jason’s Deli:
Vegan Soups at Jason’s Deli
Whether you’re looking for a healthier starter or light meal, soups make a great choice. Finding vegan varieties of soups at restaurants can be a little difficult, though. But, there is an option at Jason’s Deli, and that is:
Organic Garden Vegetable Soup
What’s better than a vegan soup? Organic vegan soup! This one from Jason’s Deli is just that. From vegetables and beans to oil and even spices, everything that goes into this soup is organic, so you can expect it to be chock full of nutrients.
Want to know what exactly it contains?
There are quite a few ingredients.
Here’s a complete list of Jason’s Deli Organic Vegetable Soup ingredients for your reference:
Jason’s Deli Vegan Sandwiches
When it comes to sandwiches, Jason’s Deli allows you to customize the ones on the menu as well as to get your own vegan sandwich made from scratch. Could it get any better?
Let’s take a look at how to order a vegan sandwich at Jason’s Deli:
Choose your favorite bread from Gluten-Free Whole Grain Bread, Multigrain Wheat Bread, and Marbled Rye Bread, and request no cheese.
You will get toasted bread smothered with homemade guacamole and topped with a drizzle of sunflower and olive oil blend.
The toast comes with a side of your choice of soup or side. The soup list provided with this meal doesn’t include vegetable soup, but you may try requesting if they can give it to you. For the side, you have two vegan-friendly options – steamed veggies and a cup of fruit.
As the name may suggest, this is also a variety of avocado toast. It’s made with Mexican-style Telera Bun, homemade guacamole, roasted corn and black bean mix, jalapeno ranch, cheddar cheese, and salsa.
Unfortunately, the corn and bean mix isn’t vegan (it has dairy), so you’ll have to skip it, along with cheddar and jalapeno ranch.
This Jason’s Deli sandwich is served with blue corn chips and salsa, both of which are fit for the vegan diet.
When getting a vegan sandwich at Jason’s Deli, your best bet is to choose the Build-Your-Own sandwich option. Here’s how to go about it:
- Pick a Size – From Half and Regular
- Choose Your Bread – Options include Gluten-Free Whole Grain Bread, Multigrain Wheat Bread, Focaccia Bread, New Orleans French Bread, Marble Rye Bread, Everything Bun, and Organic Wheat Wrap (great options, I must say).
- Choose Your Toppings – Your options include:
- Homemade Guacamole
- Sliced Avocado
- Pico De Gallo
- Leafy Lettuce
- Shredded Lettuce
- Organic Spinach
- Organic Field Greens
- Cucumber Slices
- Tomato Slices
- Roma Tomatoes
- Roasted Herb Tomatoes
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Italian Peppers
- Red Onion Rings
- Pick Your Spread(s) – Options include Homemade Guacamole, Stone Ground Mustard, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, and Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.
Jason’s Deli Vegan Pasta and Potatoes
In search of some vegan comfort food? Jason’s Deli may not have a vegan pizza or burger on the menu, but it sure has a couple of great options to satisfy your cravings and leave you in food bliss. Here they are:
- Zucchini Garden Pasta – Order it without cheese and fresco mix to have a healthy and delicious vegan pasta at Jason’s Deli. You will get a plate full of penne pasta topped with roasted zucchini and sunflower and olive oil blend, along with toasted herb focaccia bread on the side.
- Plain Jane – Instead of telling your server what to omit, ask them to bring you plain baked potato with just green onions because there are a few ingredients to omit. Just so you know, the non-vegan ingredients in it include butter, sour cream, bacon, and cheddar.
- Pollo Mexicano – Order this baked potato variety without butter, meat, and egg. For toppings, choose from pico de gallo and salsa. And don’t forget Southwest Spices (you don’t have to ask for them separately, they are a part of the standard recipe).
Vegan Salads at Jason’s Deli
Craving a good salad? Or looking for something to order with your entrée to build a healthy meal for yourself? Jason’s Deli has some salad varieties on the menu that can be customized for a vegan diet. Or you can make your own salad, just how you like it.
Here are your Jason’s Deli vegan salad options:
- Chicken Club Salad – Order without meat and cheese and get your choice of toppings from grape tomatoes, sliced avocados, whole beets, country olives, and green onions (I would say, go for all) on a bed of mixed salad greens. Don’t forget to order your favorite dressing from the available vegan options [given below].
- Mesa Chicken Salad – Order without protein, cheese, corn, black beans, and egg, and choose all vegetable toppings (if you like the combination of sweet and salty flavors). You will get a healthy mix of salad greens, grape tomatoes, avocados, olives, whole beets, apples, and grapes with your choice of vegan dressing.
- Nutty Mixed-Up Salad – Skip the meat, cheese, and egg when ordering this Jason’s Deli salad vegan. It has organic field greens. Choices of toppings include grape tomatoes, olives, avocados, whole beets, green onions, apples, grapes, and cranberry walnut mix.
If you’re someone like me who prefer ordering build-your-own food options instead of getting the readily available ones customized, here’s how you can order a custom vegan salad at Jason’s Deli:
Choose Your Greens – Options include:
- Organic Spinach
- Organic Field Greens
- Mixed Salad Greens
Choose Other Ingredients – There are plenty of vegetable options. Here are all your choices:
- Grape Tomatoes
- Red Onion Rings
- Whole Beets
- Artichoke Hearts
- Red Bell Peppers
- Yellow Bell Peppers
- Italian Peppers
- Zucchini Stix
- Organic Baby Carrots
- Organic Red Apples
- Organic Quinoa
Choose Toppings – Here are your options:
- Crispy Onions
- Sunflower Seeds
- Spicy Giardiniera
- Sliced Piquillo Peppers
- Cranberry Walnut Mix
- Croutons (they are VEGAN!!)
- Garlic Toast
Select Your Dressing – Vegan salad dressing options at Jason’s Deli include:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Simply Pomegranate Dressing
Choose Your Side – There is only one vegan option available here; the Organic Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
Jason’s Deli Vegan Wraps
Wrap your salad ingredients in an organic wheat wrap to make a more filling meal without loading up on calories or compromising nutrients. Technically, you can get any Jason’s Deli wrap modified for your vegan diet, but the following options are worth customizing:
- Nutty Wrap – Organic wheat wrap stuffed with organic field greens, red apples, red grapes, cranberry walnut mix, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- Spinach Veggie Wrap – This meat-free Jason’s Deli wrap comes with the most choices. You can choose your favorite spreads from homemade guacamole, roasted red pepper hummus, stone ground mustard, yellow deli mustard, simple pomegranate dressing, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Moreover, you can choose greens from organic field greens, mixed salad greens, and organic field greens. Choices of toppings include pico de gallo, tomatoes, fresh mushrooms, whole beets, avocados, olives, green onions, grapes, and apples. The wrap also includes salsa.
- Breakfast Veggie Wrap – Order this nutritious vegan wrap at Jason’s Deli without cheese, fresco mix, and egg. Choose your greens from organic spinach, field greens, and mixed salad greens, and your toppings from avocados, whole beets, fresh mushrooms, olives, green onions, apples, and grapes.
Vegan Sides at Jason’s Deli
Jason’s Deli’s vegan side choices include:
- House Chips
- BBQ Potato Chips
- Kettle Chips
- Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- Organic Red Pepper Hummus
- Pickle Spear
- Fresh Fruit Bowl
Jason’s Deli Vegan Drinks
Vegan drinks options at Jason’s Deli include:
- Diet Coke
- Coca-Cola Zero
- Dr. Pepper
- Diet Dr. Pepper
- Barq’s Olde Style Root Beer
- Minute Maid Lemonade
- Kids Organic Apple Juice
- Hot Tea
- Hot Organic Green Tea
- Fresh-Brewed Tea – Sweetened and Unsweetened
- Fresh-Brewed Black Currant Tea
- Wild Berry Hibiscus Tea with Pure Cane Sugar
- Jason’s Deli Pomegranate Blueberry Sports Drink
- Jason’s Deli Black Cherry – Bottled
- Jason’s Deli Cream Soda – Bottled (Don’t get confused with the name; it’s vegan)
- Jason’s Deli Ginger Ale – Bottled
- Jason’s Deli Root Beer – Bottled
Jason’s Deli Vegan Menu – FAQs
- What bread is vegan at Jason’s Deli?
Unlike many other restaurants, Jason’s Deli offers quite a few vegan-friendly bread varieties. Your options include Gluten-Free Whole Grain Bread, Multigrain Wheat Bread, Focaccia Bread, Marbled Rye Bread, New Orleans French Bread, Everything Bun, and Organic Wheat Wrap.
- Is Jason’s Deli tomato basil soup vegan?
No. Tomato Basil soup at Jason’s Deli may appear vegan-friendly, but according to its ingredients list, it contains dairy.
- Are Jason’s Deli cookies vegan?
They are not. These are labeled “Not Suitable for Vegans” on the restaurant’s website.
- Does Jason’s Deli have vegan desserts?
The vegan filter on Jason’s website shows two “OK to Eat” dessert options. But, they are of no use to us. The only sweet items suitable for vegans at Jason’s Deli are the Chocolate Syrup and Ice Cream Cone (just cone).
Conclusion – Is Jason’s Deli Vegan-Friendly?
Jason’s Deli doesn’t appear to be vegan-friendly from its name. But, I was surprised to learn that it has a good variety of meatless foods that can be made vegan with just a few alterations.
It may not be the best vegan eatery, but it’s certainly better than many other fast-food chain restaurants. Moreover, Jason’s Deli’s food is healthy, with lots of vegetables and organic ingredients.
The place is surely worth giving a try. If you haven’t been to Jason’s Deli, find one in your city and head there for your next meal out.
Did you find this article helpful? Interested to learn about vegan deli meat options to make your own vegan deli sandwiches at home? Check out my article Best Vegan Deli Meat Brands to know your top choices.