People go vegan for a variety of reasons. Contributing to environmental sustainability is one of them.
While it is the need of the hour that we all actively work to reduce our carbon footprints, it’s much easier said than done, especially if you like to dine out often.
Finding a restaurant that serves vegan food and is also committed to promoting sustainability is no easy feat.
But, if you live in California, you’re in luck because Sage Vegan Bistro checks both the boxes. Aiming to redefine the farm-to-table concept, Sage Vegan Bistro menu includes seasonally-inspired “vegan” dishes made from locally-grown organic ingredients.
Eating here will not only be a treat for your taste buds, but will also give you the satisfaction that you’re eating sustainably sourced food.
Interested to find out what this vegan restaurant in California has to offer? There’s a lot actually.
You’ll be delighted to know that Sage Vegan Bistro has an extensive menu. Let’s go over it, so you know all your options and may even decide what you want to try when you visit the place.
Sage Vegan Bistro Menu
Sage Vegan Bistro, also called Sage Plant-Based Bistro & Brewery, offers what seems like an endless variety of plant-based foods, all of which also happen to be vegan-friendly. Here’s everything that’s on the Sage Vegan Bistro menu:
- Breakfast Items
- Wraps/ Burritos
Now that we know all our options, let’s quickly dive a little deeper into the menu and discuss what each of these items is made of, so you clearly know what they contain and if they’re worth trying.
Sage Bistro Vegan Options – A Detailed Overview
Eating vegan at Sage Plant-Based Bistro is a pure delight, as you can order anything right off the menu without the need for giving endless customization instructions. It’s a dine-out experience you don’t want to miss. Here’s all that you have available to choose from:
Vegan Appetizers at Sage Vegan Bistro
Who doesn’t love a good appetizer? Thankfully, Sage Bistro has plenty of great options to begin your vegan meal with. These include:
These are cauliflower tempura fried to crispy perfection and tossed in your choice of sauce from BBQ, sweet and sour, or spicy buffalo sauce.
The appetizer comes with ranch on the side to beat the heat and add creaminess to the dish and celery and carrots for some crunch and natural freshness.
3 ‘Wing’ Platter
Can’t choose between the three ‘wings’ sauces? Try them all by getting yourself this 3 ‘wing’ platter of cauliflower tempura. It also comes with a side of celery, carrots, and ranch.
You don’t have to be a Mexican food lover to like nachos. Everyone seems to love them. However, not all the traditional nachos toppings are vegan-friendly, making many people skip this delicious appetizer (or snack). Fortunately, you don’t have to do that at Sage Vegan Bistro.
Everything they use to make loaded nachos is vegan-friendly, including the nacho cheese; they use cashew cheese. Other toppings include jackfruit ‘carnitas’, black beans, spicy pickled cabbage, pickled jalapenos, pico, guacamole, and garlic aioli.
Chips & Guacamole
If you don’t like to mess around with your tortilla chips too much or love guacamole a little too much, you can also have chips and guac as your vegan appetizer at Sage Vegan Bistro.
Chili ‘Cheese’ Fries
Did you ever think that you could have chili cheese fries at a restaurant while continuing to adhere to your vegan dietary commitments? I sure didn’t. But, Sage Vegan Bistro has made it possible.
They serve freshly cooked French fries topped with a generous amount of black bean chili, cheese, habanero cream cheese, and garlic aioli. Is your mouth watering yet?
Fried Sweet Potato Wedges
Crispy on the outside soft on the inside, these sweet potato fries are a pure delight. They appear on the Sage Vegan Bistro brunch menu and are served with maple syrup on the side.
Mac ‘N ‘Cheese’
Mac ‘N Cheese is one of those ultimate comfort foods that people of all age groups seem to love. What could be a bigger treat from Mac ‘N Cheese lovers than having the option to order it at a restaurant?
Sage Vegan Bistro Mac ‘N Cheese is made with gluten-free pasta, vegan mozzarella from Follow Your Heart, and breadcrumbs. Simple, classic, and absolutely delicious.
Fried Artichoke Hearts
The sweet and nutty fried artichoke hearts are paired with ranch and marinara for a great combination of textures and flavors.
Smashed Avocado Toast
Whether you love the rich, creamy avocadoes or just want to hop on to the latest food trends, avocado toast is a great choice.
Made with delicious rosemary sourdough bread, this avocado toast is anything but average. It has freshly smashed avocado, cherry tomatoes, daikon radish, fresh herbs, and a drizzle of olive oil on top.
What’s more is that you don’t just get one toast, but two, enough to fill you up.
Jackfruit Stuffed Avocado
Unless you have been an adventurous eater who has had the pleasure of dining at many high-end restaurants, you may not have had anything like this dish. It’s simple but extremely creative. I could not have thought of anything like this ever.
The dish is comprised of two halves of avocado stuffed with jackfruit ‘carnitas’ and topped with habanero cream cheese, onion, and cilantro. Pure genius, isn’t it?
Zucchini pasta is old school. Sage Vegan Bistro has a more interesting take on this humble vegetable. They make croquettes out of it and serve them with delicious marinara sauce and habanero cream cheese for an added burst of flavors.
Baked Soft Pretzels
These are your good ol’ baked pretzels served with three different vegan dipping sauces – habanero cream cheese, cashew nacho cheese, and maple mustard.
When it comes to breakfast comfort foods, it’s hard to beat classic hash browns. But, Sage Vegan Bistro takes this classic food a step ahead by serving it with avocado (a unique combination, but sounds interesting), habanero cream cheese, and pico de gallo.
Starring the utterly comforting Northern Italian dish – polenta – these herb fried polenta tots are served with garlic aioli, pesto, and marinara.
Vegan Breakfast Options at Sage Bistro
Sage Vegan Bistro not only has an exclusive breakfast menu, but they also serve brunch every day of the week. The breakfast menu also includes some dishes that are on their all-day menu as well, so I will only list them here again.
In this section, I will only mention dishes that are exclusive to the Sage Vegan Bistro breakfast menu. Let’s take a look at the options.
Vegan pancakes are hard to find at restaurants. But, Sage Vegan Bistro has a few plant-based options. These include:
- Wild Blueberry Pancakes – These blueberry and banana pancakes come with blueberry maple syrup, making them a great option for blueberry lovers.
- Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Pancakes – These healthier pancakes are served with strawberries, banana, vegan butter, and maple syrup.
- Cornbread Jalapeno Pancakes – Find pancakes a little too sweet? Try these sweet and spicy pancakes made with cornbread and jalapeno and served with brown rice, black beans, vegan butter, and maple syrup (sounds like an interesting combination).
Chia French Toast
Made with baguette slices dipped in coconut milk and chia seed batter and coated with granola, this French toast offers a great combination of flavors and textures.
It has got crunch on the outside but is extremely soft and moist from the inside. It is served with banana, strawberries, and maple syrup.
Crispy Potato Flautas
It’s hard to find someone who doesn’t like potatoes. And this breakfast dish is a great option for potato lovers, which basically means all of us.
Featuring seasoned potatoes in organic corn tortillas, these come topped with lettuce, pico, guacamole, and garlic aioli and are served with black beans and brown rice on the side. Do give these crispy flautas a try on one of your breakfast visits to Sage Vegan Bistro.
This traditional Mexican breakfast dish features corn tortilla chips, tofu scramble, brown rice, black beans, kale, salsa verde, pico de gallo, guacamole, garlic aioli, and cheese. Healthy, hearty, and delicious, this will give a perfect start to your day.
Tempeh Sausage Florentine
This breakfast dish features a stack of three biscuits layered with tempeh sausage, spinach, heirloom tomatoes, avocado, and hollandaise sauce. It is served with breakfast potatoes to make a filling meal.
The classic vegan breakfast burrito is made with tofu scramble, brown rice, hash browns, black beans, avocado, pico de gallo, habanero cream cheese, and garlic aioli. On the side, you get fresh, housemade tomatillo sauce and breakfast potatoes.
This rich, hearty, and filling breakfast bowl contains tofu scramble, tempeh sausage, hash browns, spinach, and spicy pickled cabbage on a bed of brown rice and black beans. You also get vegan hollandaise sauce and tomatillo sauce on the side for an extra burst of flavors.
Another popular breakfast item, this one has all the standard ingredients you expect in an acai bowl – frozen acai blend, granola, and fruits. Fruit toppings that they use for the acai bowl at Sage Vegan Bistro include bananas, strawberries, and blueberries.
Fresh Berry Granola Bowl
A pure delight for granola lovers, this dish features healthy, nutritious, and great-tasting granola with coconut milk, bananas, and fresh berries. Simple, but always a hit.
The All American Scramble
This vegan scramble is made with tofu and vegetables, including onions, mushrooms, and broccoli. To bring it at par with classic American breakfast, the tofu scramble is served with tempeh sausage, breakfast potatoes, and locally-manufactured rosemary sourdough toast.
Sage Vegan Bistro Salad Options
Whether you love salads or just trying to eat your greens, Sage Vegan Bistro has some excellent options for you. Here they are:
Goatless Greek Salad
This is a filling salad that you can also have on its own as a quick, healthy lunch.
It has in it protein-packed quinoa, massaged kale, onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, avocado, Kalamata olives, spicy pickled cabbage, cashew dill cheese, hot sauce, and cashew alfredo (the description makes me want to have this salad, and I am not even a salad person. This better tastes as good as it sounds).
Get a quick, refreshing fix with this tropical salad from Sage Vegan Bistro. Made with mixed greens, lettuce, brown rice, sprouts, carrots, cucumbers, pineapple, and fennel, the salad is tossed with a citrus dressing and topped with cashews and coconut shreds just before serving. It makes a great lunch on a hot summer day!
Hot ‘Wing’ Salad
If munching on those delicious fried cauliflower tempuras make you feel a little guilty (for eating unhealthily), lessen that guilt by pairing them up with some healthy vegetables.
Hot ‘Wing’ Salad is just that. It combines the cauliflower tempura tossed in spicy buffalo sauce with baby greens, carrots, onions, avocado, and celery. The salad is served with a side of ranch.
As the name says, this salad is basically a deconstructed taco in a bowl. It has all those delicious Mexican flavors that you expect from a taco, but in the form of a salad.
With Sage Vegan Bistro’s Taco Salad, you get a hearty mix of romaine lettuce, brown rice, black beans, Jackfruit ‘carnitas’, cabbage, pickled cabbages, pickled jalapeno, avocado, spicy avocado dressing, pico de gallo, habanero cream cheese, and corn tortilla strips.
Sounds delicious? Wait, there’s more!
The salad is served on a corn tostada for some extra crunch.
Asian Kelp Noodle Salad
This one is for those who love Asian flavors. Along with kelp noodles, it has marinated tofu, romaine lettuce, cabbage, carrots, cucumber, avocado, edamame, and almond butter ginger dressing.
The salad is topped with crispy onions, sesame seeds, and roasted almonds just before serving. You also get a lime wedge on the side.
Vegan Soups at Sage Bistro
Soup and salad is not only a great combination of flavors and textures, but it also makes a good meal option for those looking to eat healthy (you have to make the right choices, though). Just like salads, Sage Vegan Bistro has a few soup varieties to choose from. These include:
This classic Mexican Soup never fails to tempt me. If it’s on a restaurant menu, I have to get it, and I believe you should too. It’s rich, hearty, and oh-so-delicious. Made with a tomato base, it’s topped with avocado, garlic aioli, cilantro, and crunch tortilla strips just before serving.
If you like tangy, milky, herby broths, you would love this classic Tomato Bisque Soup made with puréed tomatoes, coconut milk, onions, garlic, oregano, and basil.
Savory Black Bean Chili
A bowl of chili is a warm hug in a bowl (you gotta agree with me on it). It’s rich, hearty, filling, and bursting with flavors. The great combination of textures that you get from all the different ingredients used in it works like the cherry on the top.
Spicy Yellow Dal Soup
This is your classic lentil soup made with yellow lentils, onions, potatoes, curry, and coriander. Pair it with a salad or an avocado toast for a quick, healthy, and yummy meal.
Vegan Entrée Choices at Sage Vegan Bistro
Like all other categories, there are plenty of vegan entrée options on the Sage Vegan Bistro menu.
No matter what you choose to order, you will get it with a choice of side from mixed green salad, fries, or house-made tortilla chips. You also have the option to get soup on the side instead with just $2 extra payment.
Let’s look at what choices you have for the main dish of your vegan meal at Sage Vegan Bistro.
Wraps and Sandwiches
Wraps and sandwiches make great options on days when you’re feeling a little too hungry, but don’t have the time for a proper sit-down meal. Here are your options at Sage Vegan Bistro:
- ‘Tuna’ Melt/ Wrap – You can choose to get it either as a whole wheat tortilla wrap or a sourdough bread sandwich. The filling remains the same for both. It contains jackfruit ‘tuna’ salad, romaine lettuce, heirloom tomatoes, grilled red onions, avocado, spicy dill pickles, garlic aioli, mustard, and cashew nacho cheese.
- Hot ‘Wing’ Wrap – This wrap has all your hot ‘wing’ salad ingredients inside a whole wheat tortilla. These include cauliflower tempura in vegan spicy buffalo sauce, romaine, onions, carrots, avocado, celery, and ranch.
- Brazilian Burrito – This hearty and filling burrito features brown rice, black beans, plantains, leeks, jalapenos, mushrooms, habanero cream cheese, and garlic aioli inside a whole wheat tortilla. For an extra hint of spice and flavor, the burrito is served with raw hot sauce on the side.
- Festival Burrito – Just like the name promises, this delicious burrito creates a party in your mouth. Made with a whole wheat tortilla, it contains brown rice, black beans, jackfruit ‘carnitas’, lettuce, spicy pickled cabbage, pico, guacamole, habanero cream cheese, and garlic aioli.
- BBQ Pulled ‘Pork’ Jackfruit – Just because you have turned vegan doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy BBQ pulled pork flavors. Sage Vegan Bistro has brought you all the same flavors in a vegan form. BBQ Pulled ‘Pork’ Jackfruit is an open-face sandwich made with BBQ jackfruit, coleslaw, avocado lime dressing, garlic aioli, and whole wheat baguette.
- Cali Avocado Pesto Burger – Made with a whole wheat bun, this Sage Bistro vegan burger features tempeh, avocado, onions, tomatoes, arugula, pesto, and garlic aioli.
- Banh Mi – This vegan spin-off of the classic Vietnamese sandwich is made with marinated tofu, spicy pickled cabbage, carrots, jalapenos, basil, cilantro, and ginger aioli on whole wheat baguette slices.
If you’re not a bread person, Sage Vegan Bistro bowls make a great choice. Here are the choices you have:
- Miso Rainbow Bowl – When you opt for this Japanese-inspired bowl, you get tofu, seaweed salad, fried eggplant, steamed kale, carrots, cucumbers, corn, spicy pickled cabbage, and edamame on a bed of brown rice topped with crispy onions and sesame seeds. Along with this hearty serving, you get miso dressing and soy ginger vinaigrette on the side.
- Bowl Of Soul – Your classic mac ‘n cheese got a makeover at Sage Vegan Bistro to make this comforting bowl of soul. It has a gluten-free mac ‘n cheese ball tossed in spicy buffalo sauce with quinoa, polenta cake, black beans, roasted sweet potato, sautéed kale, grilled corn, spicy pickled cabbage, and garlic aioli. On the side, you get a potato gravy to comfort your soul.
- Brazilian Bowl – This is a bean and veggie bowl made with black beans, kale, plantains, crimini mushrooms, leeks, jalapenos, pico de gallo, and guacamole. You also get rice or quinoa on the side (as per your choice) along with the spicy raw hot sauce.
- Orange ‘Chicken’ Bowl – Love the combination of sweet, sour, and savory flavors? Try Sage Vegan Bistro’s Orange ‘chicken’ bowl. It’s made with brown rice topped with cauliflower tempura tossed in a sweet and sour reduction, broccoli sautéed with garlic, and sesame seeds. On the side, you’re served vermicelli sauce for an extra burst of flavor.
- Burrito Bowl – When the classic burrito bowl gets a vegan makeover in the kitchen of Sage Vegan Bistro, you get a bowl full of brown rice, black beans, jackfruit ‘carnitas’, lettuce, spicy pickled cabbage, pico de gallo, guacamole, habanero cream cheese, and garlic aioli topped with crispy fried tortilla chips.
- Polenta Bowl – Starring the smooth and creamy cornmeal porridge we call polenta, this vegan bowl comes topped with sautéed vegetables, tomato sauce, balsamic reduction, and pesto drizzle.
- Mole Bowl – Pronounced as Mo-Lay Bowl, this vegan bowl contains brown rice, quinoa, kale, black beans, mixed veggies tossed in mole sauce, spicy pickled cabbage, fried jalapenos, garlic aioli, and tortilla strips. Along with this rich and flavorful mix, you get fried plantains on the side.
Any list of comfort foods cannot be complete without pizza. However, not every pizza remains worth eating when you turn vegan because most restaurants do not offer vegan cheese.
And what’s a pizza without cheese? Thankfully, that’s not the case at Sage Vegan Bistro.
The restaurant uses plant-based cheese for all its pizzas. The crust is made with locally-sourced wheat flour.
However, if you’re gluten intolerant or cutting on carbs, you can also request a gluten-free buckwheat crust or a healthy veggie crust at a small extra cost. Here are all your vegan pizza options at Sage Vegan Bistro:
- Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza – Starring the restaurant’s signature buffalo cauliflower, this pizza also has arugula, pesto, ranch, and vegan mozzarella by Follow Your Heart.
- Eggplant Artichoke Parmesan Pizza – It features a whole wheat pizza crust smothered with pizza sauce and pesto and topped with artichoke hearts, breaded eggplant, vegan mozzarella, and a drizzle of cashew alfredo sauce.
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Pizza – As the name tells, this vegan pizza has tempeh sausage, pepper, and onion toppings with classic pizza sauce, pesto, and mozzarella.
- Heirloom Tomato and Garlic Pizza – This one’s a great option for those who don’t like to overcomplicate their pizzas with too many toppings. It’s made with pesto, heirloom tomatoes, garlic, basil, mozzarella, and a drizzle of cashew Alfredo.
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza – With an incredible combination of pesto and sun-dried tomatoes, topped with arugula, mozzarella, and cheesy cashew Alfredo drizzle, this vegan pizza hits all the right spots.
- Mac ‘N ‘Cheese’ Pizza – This one is for true mac ‘n cheese lovers. Featuring a thick layer of house-made mac ‘n cheese spread, vegan cheddar, broccoli, and a sprinkle of crushed pepper on top, this vegan pizza takes the idea of creaminess to a whole new level.
- White Pizza – Another simple pizza variety, this one’s made with pesto, cashew dill cheese, mozzarella, broccoli, and garlic. Simple and delicious!
- Plain ‘Cheese’ Pizza – No matter how many variations of pizza are created, nothing can beat the classic cheese pizza. Made with just two ingredients – pizza sauce and mozzarella – this Sage Bistro’s vegan pizzais an ultimate delight for pizza lovers.
- Farm Veggie Pizza – Another classic pizza variety, this one from Sage Vegan Bistro has spinach pesto, heirloom tomatoes, grilled zucchini, basil, mozzarella, and dill cashew cheese.
- Spicy Mexican Pizza – Have you ever had a pizza with beans? I have not, so this one sounds interesting. It features black beans, pickled cabbage, corn, jalapenos, and habanero cream cheese.
- BBQ Pineapple Pizza – A vegan take on probably the most controversial and debated pizza variety, this pizza, as the name shows, has grilled pineapples with red onions, spicy maple BBQ sauce, and mozzarella.
Pizza is not the only Italian food on the Sage Vegan Bistro menu. They also have pasta (excited screams), and quite a few of them. Here are the options:
- Eggplant Arrabiata – Even though it’s called arrabiata, this pasta isn’t made with penne, which is traditionally used for this pasta recipe. This one’s made with linguine. The pasta is tossed in spicy white wine tomato sauce and topped with breaded eggplant, basil, and cashew cheese to make this delicious vegan dish.
- Farmer’s Lasagna – As the name suggests, this lasagna stars local seasonal vegetables. But, you also get house-made marinara, pesto, dill cashew cheese, and mozzarella in between the layers and basil on top.
- Potato & Broccoli Pierogi – For those who may not know, pierogi is a type of pan-fried dumpling. At Sage Vegan Bistro, you get them over sautéed lemon kale and balsamic reduction with garlic tamari sauce on top.
- Butternut Squash Ravioli – These pan-seared vegan raviolis at Sage Vegan Bistro have butternut squash on the inside and come with sautéed kale, balsamic reduction, fresh house-made pesto, and cashew Alfredo drizzle.
- Broccoli Pasta Bowl – This pasta bowl is a hearty mix of garlic butter pasta, broccoli, avocado, spicy pickled cabbage, nutritional yeast, tamari sauce, and habanero cream cheese.
- Seasonal Green and Lemongrass Pasta – Featuring sautéed greens, sprouts, and a spicy lemongrass ginger soy, this Asian-inspired pasta comes with linguine.
When in California, you don’t have to wait for Taco Tuesday to find vegan tacos. You can get them any day of the week at Sage Vegan Bistro.
The restaurant offers four different types of tacos made with organic and GMO-free tortillas and are served with brown rice and black beans. Let’s take a look at our options, shall we?
- Street Tacos – A vegan twist on classic Mexican street tacos, these feature spicy jackfruit ‘carnitas’, spicy pickled cabbage, onion, cilantro, pico, tomatillo sauce, garlic aioli, and lime.
- Eggplant ‘Barbacoa’ Tacos – Warm, whole wheat tortillas are stuffed with spicy eggplant ‘barbacoa’, onion, and cilantro to make these vegetarian tacos. For an extra punch of flavors, you also get spicy salsa verde and pico de gallo on the side.
- Baja Avocado Tacos – As evident from the name, these tacos star Baja fried avocadoes. The toppings include cabbage, habanero cream cheese, and pico de gallo. A lime wedge is given on the side for some citrusy goodness.
- Banh Mi Tacos – If you like classic banh mi sandwiches, you’ll like these tacos as well. Made with fried tofu, carrots, spicy pickled cabbage, jalapeno, basil, cilantro, a sweet and sour sauce, and habanero cream cheese, these Asian-inspired tacos promise to be a treat for your taste buds.
Baked Eggplant Farmesan
This Sage Bistro vegan entrée doesn’t fit in any of the aforementioned categories, so I decided to mention it separately. And dare I say that the description of this dish given by the restaurant makes it feel that it does deserve an exclusive mention in a category of its own.
This unique vegan dish is made by baking breaded eggplant slices with pesto, marinara sauce, mozzarella, and cashew Alfredo. It’s served with a salad and flatbread on the side.
Vegan Sides at Sage Bistro
While many Sage vegan Bistro dishes come with their own side, the restaurant also offers a few additional side options. These include:
- Hash Browns
- Breakfast Potatoes
- Sautéed Greens
- Simple Side Salad
- Seasonal Vegetables
- Garlic French Fries
- 3 Veggie ‘Meatballs’
- Gluten-Free Fried Mac ‘N ‘Cheese’ Ball
- Fried Plantains
- Mixed Fruit
Vegan Sauces at Sage Bistro
If you’re someone like me who eats a lot of sauce with their food, you may want to get some extra on the side with your vegan meals. All Sage Vegan Bistro sauces are made in-house using 100% locally sourced fresh plant-based ingredients. Here are your options:
- Cashew Alfredo Sauce
- Cashew Nacho Cheese
- Cashew Dill Cheese
- Habanero ‘Cream Cheese’
- Salsa Verde
- Pico De Gallo
- Garlic Aioli
- Mole Sauce
- Buffalo Sauce
Vegan Desserts at Sage Bistro
One of the biggest advantages of eating at an all-vegan restaurant is that you also get to enjoy desserts; something that the majority of even the most popular restaurants lack on their menu.
There aren’t very many vegan dessert options at Sage VeganBistro. However, their selection is superb. They have vegan cheesecake and ice creams! What more do you want?
But, there are some more hard-to-resist options as well. And they are all made fresh in-house.
Here’s a complete list of vegan desserts at Sage Vegan Bistro:
- Gluten-Free Brownie
- Raw Chocolate Truffles – Each serving comes with four different types of assorted truffles.
- Raw Cheesecake – Available in strawberry and chocolate salted caramel flavors.
- Brownie Sundae – Do you like the combination of hot and cold foods? Try this vegan brownie sundae made with gluten-free brownie, a scoop of your choice of ice cream from strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate, raw chocolate syrup, and almonds.
- Icekreme Sandwich – Made with house-made cookies and your choice of ice cream from the available flavors.
- Ice Cream – Available in pints in cholate, strawberry, and vanilla flavors.
Vegan Beverages at Sage Bistro
When eating at Sage Vegan Bistro, you don’t have to look for dairy-free drinks on the menu to go with your plant-based meal.
You can get any drink off the menu, including shakes, smoothies, and coffee drinks, because they use vegan milk. Let’s look at the options on the Sage Vegan Bistro drinks menu:
- Orange Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Dreamy Green – Made with kale, avocado, dates, raw vanilla, and oat milk.
- Green Colada – Contains kale, spinach, banana, pineapple, dates, and coconut milk.
- Strawberry Pina Colada – This creamy smoothie is made with coconut milk, strawberry, pineapple, and banana.
Sage Vegan Bistro allows you to make your vegan smoothies healthier with the addition of any of the following (at a small extra cost):
- Hemp Protein
- Rice Protein
- Pea Protein
- Chlorella – a nutrient-rich powder made with a type of freshwater seaweed (algae)
- Mushroom Powder
- Lion’s Made
- Almond Butter
- VitaMineral Green
Vegan Shakes at Sage Vegan Bistro
- Chocolate Almond Butter & Banana Date
Smoothies are made using KindKreme IceKreme and raw coconut milk made in-house. You can make your smoothies even richer and healthier with the addition of:
- Protein Powder
- Hemp Seeds
- Raw Coconut Water – from wild-harvested coconuts.
- The Fresh – Made with apple, cucumber, ginger, and lemon.
- Sunburn – Made using apples, carrots, and ginger.
- Sunrise – Fresh juice made with strawberries, oranges, and carrots.
- The Alkalizer – Made with apple, grapefruit, kale, cucumber, and ginger.
- Go Green – This healthy juice is made with kale, cucumber, celery, and lemon.
- The Cure – Made with ginger, lemon, and cayenne
- Sinus Blaster – This shot is made with a bunch of immune-boosting herbs, including elderberry horseradish, spilanthes, ginger, lemon, and cayenne
Teas & Lemonade
- Black Tea
- Green Tea
- Mint Tea
- Ginger Tea
- Chamomile Tea
- Blacked Iced Tea
- Green Iced Tea
- Ginger Iced Tea
- Blood Orange Iced Tea
- Hibiscus Iced Tea
Coffees and Hot Drinks
- Espresso Shot
- Hot and Cold Lattes – available in Mocha, Mate, Turmeric, and Chai flavors
- Cold Brew
- Coffee Float
- Hot Chocolate
Sage Vegan Bistro gives you a choice to add coconut, oat, or soy milk to your drinks for just a dollar.
Vegan Kids Menu at Sage Vegan Bistro
If you want your kid(s) to adopt a sustainable vegan lifestyle from the very beginning, you would be glad to know that Sage Vegan Bistro has an exclusively vegan menu for children. Here is what’s on it:
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Pancake
- Chia French Toast
- Avocado Toast
- Brown Rice and Black Beans with Corn Tortillas
- Grilled ‘Cheese’ Sandwich
- Mac ‘ N ‘Cheese’
- Pasta with Marinara
- Pasta with Butter and Nutritional Yeast
- Tofu Tacos
- Plain ‘Cheese’Pizza
- Side of Veggies
- Side of Broccoli
Sage Vegan Bistro is a jewel in the Californian vegan dining space. Not only is it 100% vegan, but the Sobe Vegan Bistro menu is huge and impressive.
When eating here, you don’t have to make do with bland and boring vegetable-based dishes just because you’re vegan. The restaurant gives a vegan makeover to many classic comfort foods.
Whether you’re craving some good appetizers, wraps, sandwiches, pizza, pasta, or dessert, Sage Vegan Bistro has it all. It surely is a place worth going to for vegans living in California.
Did you find this article helpful? Are you interested to know about more 100% vegan restaurants, perhaps in other parts of the country?
Check out my article SoBe Vegan Menu to find out what this Florida-based vegan restaurant has on the menu for plant-eaters.