For those with a sweet tooth, donuts are the perfect start to the morning. And why not? What’s a better way to start your long, busy, stressful days than treating yourself with a fresh-off-the-line donut and experiencing the burst of positive energy and excitement soon after.
It seems like a win-win situation. Whoever invented this incredibly amazing way of eating dessert for breakfast was certainly a genius.
However, when it comes to donuts or doughnuts, you choose to spell it (I will be using the first one in this article as it’s more mainstream in the US), it’s hard to find someone who doesn’t like it Krispy Kreme.
Crisp, soft, fluffy, and super light, Krispy Kreme donuts are delicious and positively addicting. But are Krispy Kreme donuts vegan? Does Krispy Kreme have vegan options to begin with?
Let’s find out all about Krispy Kreme vegan options!
What is Vegan at Krispy Kreme?
For vegans living in the US, nothing is exciting on Krispy Kreme menu. In fact, there is nothing vegan available to eat. You can only get a few drinks. Keep reading to learn more.
Does Krispy Kreme Have Vegan Donuts?
If you’re vegan as well as a donut lover, you might come across news floating around the internet at the end of 2020 that Krispy Kreme was going to add vegan donuts to its menu for Veganuary (January 2021). But, sadly, it wasn’t for us, Krispy Kreme lovers, living in the US.
The American donut company chose the UK for the vegan donut launch. Here’s why:
So, if you’re wondering does Krispy Kreme have vegan donuts in the US, the answer is NO. All their donuts sold here contain egg and milk or ingredients derived from them, making them unsuitable for vegans.
Is Krispy Kreme Coffee Vegan?
Krispy Kreme does not offer non-dairy milk or creamer for their customers who are vegan or avoiding dairy for some health reason. They can only get an espresso or regular black coffee.
Does Krispy Kreme Have Other Vegan Options?
Krispy Kreme does offer a few vegan drinks, but they are not something you would especially go to the restaurant for. However, if you’re passing by a Krispy Kreme outlet and feel like grabbing a drink, you will find the following vegan beverages at Krispy Kreme:
- Hot Tea
- Iced Tea
- Bottled Soda
- Bottled Juice
- Bottled Water
- Soft Drinks
- Lemonade or Strawberry Chillers
That’s all there is for vegans on Krispy Kreme’s menu in the US.
Are Krispy Kreme Donuts Vegetarian?
According to the Nutritional Information given on Krispy Kreme’s website, eggs and dairy are the only anima by-products they used in their donuts. Since these ingredients are not off-limits for vegetarians, they can gobble down without worrying about compromising on their dietary limitations.
Does Krispy Kreme Offer Bagels? Are Krispy Kreme Bagels Vegan?
Krispy Kreme does offer bagels in some countries. But, sadly, not in the US.
If you live somewhere or visit a place where Krispy Kreme offers bagels, know that you have to order them without butter to be vegan. There is no vegan cream cheese available at any Krispy Kreme location, though, so you’ll have to choose from other toppings.
Which Krispy Kreme Donuts are Vegan in the UK?
There is only one vegan Krispy Kreme donut flavor available in the UK. Can you guess which one? The iconic Original Glazed!
Krispy Kreme’s Original Glazed Vegan donut is eggless and dairy-free but (apparently) has the same flavor and texture as the original non-vegan one. If you’re visiting the UK anytime soon, don’t forget to try it out!
Is Krispy Kreme Vegan-Friendly?
Krispy Kreme is known for its donuts, and there is not even a single vegan donut available at Krispy Kreme in the US. They also do not offer any vegan coffee, leaving vegans with no reason to visit the donut and coffee shop.
Where Can You Get Vegan Donuts in the US?
According to PETA, the following are the best vegan donuts shops in the US:
- Le Cave’s Bakery – Tuscon, Arizona
- Cake Girl – Los Angeles, California
- Breakaway Bakery – Los Angeles, California
- Donut Friend – Los Angeles, California
- Fonuts – Los Angeles, California
- Ring – Los Angeles, California
- The Donuttery – Huntington Beach, California
- Donut Panic – San Diego, California
- Nomad Donuts – San Diego, California
- Sticky Fingers – Washington
- Mighty – O Donuts – Washington
- Revolution Doughnuts & Coffee – Decatur, Georgia
- Glory Doughnuts – Fredrick, Maryland
- A Better Choice Bakery – Brunswick, Maryland
- Tandem Doughnuts – Missoula, Montana
- Glam Doll Donuts – Minneapolis Minnesota
- Ronald’s Donuts – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Dun-Well Doughnuts – New York City, New York
- The Cinnamon Snail – New York City, New York
- Organicos – Phoenix, Oregon
- Sweetpea Baking Co. – Portland, Oregon
- Vegan Treats Bakery – Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Dottie’s Donuts – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Nana’s Donuts – Charleston, South Carolina
- Five Daughters Bakery – Nashville and Franklin, Tennessee
- Wheatsville Food Co-op – Austin, Texas
- Hugs & Donuts – Houston, Texas
- Pepples Donut Farm – Los Angeles, Berkeley, San Francisco, and Oakland
- Psycho Donuts – San Jose and Campbell
- Voodoo Doughnut – Los Angeles, Denver, Portland, Eugene, Austin
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery – Los Angeles, Orlando, and New York City
- Blue Star – Los Angeles and Portland
If you live close to any of these vegan donuts shops in the US, you’re in luck. Head there the next time you crave a donut for some delicious vegan treats. Those who do not have a good vegan donuts place nearby can try out the following recipes to make vegan donuts at home…
Are you a vegan who loves to explore vegan options at various restaurants? Check out my article Subway Vegan Options to find out what you can eat at the world’s largest fast-food chain as a vegan!