If you’re an Atlantan, Ponce City Market must be a familiar place for you. If you’re from outside, suffice to know that it is one of Atlanta’s most popular gathering spots.
Whether you’re looking for the city’s best shopping places, dining spots, or entertainment events, Ponce City Market is the place to be.
While there are numerous eateries in this buzzing marketplace, if you’re a vegan, head to its second floor for an unforgettable dining and drinking experience at Bar Vegan.
Let’s take a look at the Bar Vegan menu to figure out what has made it one of the best vegan bars in Atlanta in such a short period (the restaurant only opened last year, in February 2021).
Bar Vegan Options
Food options at Bar Vegan include:
- Red Velvet French Toast
- Avocado Toast
- Seasonal Pancakes
- Irie Chicken and Waffles
- Shrimps N Grits
- Daring Boneless Wings
- Cheesesteak Combo
- Cheesesteak Eggrollz Combo
- Quesadilla Combo
- Fried Chicken Sandwich
- Jamaican Jerk Satay
- Green Goddess Pizza
- Street Corn
- Caesar Salad
Bar Vegan is owned by Pinky Cole, who’s also the founder of Slutty Vegan – a vegan restaurant chain that serves possibly the best plant-based burgers in Atlanta. It seems like Cole is wholeheartedly dedicated to making Atlanta’s dining space more favorable for vegans (keep goin’ girl, you got this!)
Bar Vegan doesn’t provide a complete list of ingredients for every item on the menu. But, you can order anything from the menu as the restaurant serves only vegan food.
Having said that, below, I will present all the information that I gathered about Bar Vegan menu items for your convenience.
Bar Vegan Menu – A Quick Overview
Here’s everything you can eat at Bar Vegan in Atlanta:
The name of Bar Vegan restaurant may make you think that it’s only a nightspot. But, interestingly, the restaurant also has a brunch menu. It’s small but great. Here’s what the Bar Vegan brunch menu includes:
Red Velvet French Toast
If having dessert for breakfast sounds like your kind of beginning to the day, Bar Vegan’s Red Velvet French Toast is a great option.
Made with baguette dipped in red velvet batter, the French toast comes topped with cream cheese Auglaize, whipped cream, strawberries, candied pecans, maple syrup, mint, and powdered sugar.
It sounds like a dream breakfast for those with a sweet tooth. If you’ve one, do give it a try when dining at Bar Vegan.
Like toasts for breakfast, but do not prefer the sweet ones? Try Bar Vegan’s Avocado Toast.
Featuring crisp, toasted ciabatta bread topped with sliced avocadoes, roasted cherry tomatoes, radish slices, basil, and balsamic drizzle, this rich and hearty avocado toast offers a powerful punch of natural flavors and textures and creates a party in your mouth.
You don’t need to have a sweet tooth to enjoy and appreciate pancakes, especially when they are well-made and star seasonal fruits. Those on the Bar Vegan menu checks all the boxes for great pancakes.
Served fresh, right off the griddle, with the most delicious seasonal local fruits and traditional pancake toppings, these pancakes are pure delight. Above all, they are vegan. What more do you want?
Irie Chicken and Waffles
The classic waffles and chicken dish got a vegan makeover at Bar Vegan.
The dish includes freshly-made healthy and vegan flax seed waffles, crispy fried chicken made using plant-based chicken from Daring Foods, guava fruit salsa, mango, pineapple, and sriracha agave.
If you like the combination of different flavors, these vegan waffles at Bar Vegan are a must-try. They are sweet, salty, tangy, hitting all the right notes. These will surely provide the perfect beginning to your day.
Shrimps N Grits
For those who prefer simpler, classic breakfasts, Bar Vegan offers the good ol’ corn porridge, called grits.
But don’t let yourself think it’s a boring vegan breakfast option. Nothing on the Bar Vegan menu is boring; everything has an interesting element.
This one has cheese and roasted garlic grits made with vegan butter and oat milk topped with herb-marinated, crispy fried vegan shrimps and spicy buffalo sauce.
Doesn’t this description of the dish makes you want to try it? It sure does that to me.
Vegan Appetizers and Entrées on the Bar Vegan Menu
These are all listed under the Dinkies Eats category on the restaurant’s menu. Here’s what it includes:
Daring Boneless Wings
Made using the plant-based chicken from Daring Foods, these crispy fried vegan wings come tossed in your choice of sauce from lemon pepper, bourbon, and buffalo, with delicious steak fries on the side. Isn’t your mouth watering yet?
Did you ever think at the start of your vegan journey that you would be able to enjoy Philly cheesesteak on a plant-based diet? I surely did not! But, thanks to vegan restaurants like Bar Vegan, we now have this non-vegan delicacy available in a plant-based variety.
At Bar Vegan, this vegan steak is made with Impossible plant-based meat and is available in beef and mushroom options. It is served with everyone’s favorite tater tots.
Cheesesteak Eggrollz Combo
There isn’t much information about this dish on the Bar Vegan menu. But, knowing that they use Impossible meat to prepare the cheesesteak, it can be safely presumed that they use the same for this vegan entrée too.
We don’t know what other ingredients are used in it, but we do know is that it is available in beef flavor and is served with tater tots, as per the menu.
With a slightly crisp tortilla on the outside and a juicy, flavorful, meaty filling on the inside, this vegan quesadilla combo will not only fill you up but will also be a treat for your taste buds.
As mentioned on the Bar Vegan’s menu, it is available in beef and jerk chicken flavors and is served with tater tots.
Bar Vegan’s menu doesn’t tell if these are soft tacos or the crunchy ones, but what it does mention is that they are available in beef and jerk chicken flavors and come in a count of three and five.
The menu also doesn’t mention the toppings used in these vegan tacos, but I presume they will be good.
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Bar Vegan doesn’t have a vegan burger (you’ll have to go to Slutty Vegan for that), but it offers a delicious vegan chicken sandwich that offers a powerful burst of flavors.
It features crispy fried Slutty Vegan chicken tossed in mouthwatering Nashville hot sauce with candied jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, and lime cilantro aioli inside a fresh pretzel bun.
On the side, you get delicious steak fries, making it a perfect comforting vegan meal.
Jamaican Jerk Satay
This dish is Pinky Cole’s tribute to her Jamaican roots (at least I would like to believe that). The star of the dish is the traditional Jamaican jerk spice rub that Daring Food’s plant-based chicken is marinated in.
The satay is served with refreshing Japanese cucumber salad and tropical fruit salsa.
Green Goddess Pizza
Bar Vegan surely knows the way to its customers’ hearts. They have a vegan pizza on the menu, and that too with cheese.
The toppings of this vegan pizza include roasted chicken, arugula, special green goddess dressing, ranch drizzle, and mozzarella.
Another dish inspired by traditional Mexican/ Jamaican flavors, this street corn is made by grilling corn with vegan butter and then topped with ancho chili, cilantro lime aioli, and parmesan cheese.
Have it on its own or as a side; this street corn is always a winner.
Whether you like salads or just want to make your vegan meal at Bar Vegan a little healthier, you can do that by getting yourself a Caesar salad. It’s available with chicken and shrimp.
Bar Vegan Sides
Listed as ‘sidez’ on the menu, Bar Vegan offers the following items to pair your meals with (you can also have them as snacks with your drink):
- Steak Fries – Crispy fried French fries seasoned with slut dust and served with ketchup and ranch.
- White Truffle Shoestring Fries – Thinly sliced, crispy potato fries seasoned with black pepper and topped with white truffle-infused oil and parmesan (drooling).
- Regular Totz – Tater tots, seasoned with Dinkies signature seasoning.
- Sweet Potato Totz – Offering a sweeter flavor, these tots also come seasoned with the Dinkies’ popular seasoning.
Bar Vegan Desserts
There aren’t too many dessert choices on the Bar Vegan menu, but you get to enjoy some delicious vegan-friendly desserts at this bar. What else do you want? The options include:
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Pinky’s Special Cookie – served warm with homemade vegan ice cream.
- Peach Cobbler – features a shortbread style crust topped with peaches caramelized with brown sugar and spices and vegan vanilla ice cream made with oat milk.
Bar Vegan Drinks
Just by hearing the name of this restaurant, you would know that there will be an incredible drinks menu. And there surely is! Here are all your drink options at Bar Vegan:
- Red Bull
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Cucumber Lime Spritz
- Margarita – House, Hibiscus, and Jalapeno flavors
- Texas Margarita – Available in Orange, Sour, Grand Marnier, and Tequila varieties.
- Old Fashioned Margarita – Made with sugar, angostura bitters, and whiskey.
- Classic Mojito – Made with Bacardi rum, sugar, lime, and mint.
- Lemon Drop Martini – Available in Simple Syrup, Sour, Combier, and Vodka varieties.
- Bar Vegan Classic Mule – Kentucky and Moscow varieties.
- Cognac Sidecar – Simple, Lemon, and Cognac options.
- Strawberry On Sage Sidecar – Contains cognac, strawberry, orange, and lemon.
- Stubborn Soda – made with root beer, draft cola, black cherry, citrus hibiscus orange, pineapple cream soda, and lemon acai berry.
- Strawberry Bourbon Smash – Made with bourbon, strawberry, lemon, and maple syrup.
- Marta Express – Contains bumbu rum, pineapple juice, coconut, and lime juice.
- Fancy Pants – Gin, prosecco, elderflower, lychee, grapefruit, and lemon.
- Perfect Pear – Has pear vodka, lemon juice, and St. Germaine in it and comes topped with champagne.
- Pretty in Pink – Its ingredients include vodka, indoggo gin, vermouth, cranberry, chickpea, simple syrup, and lime.
- Georgia’s Delight – Made with Deep Eddy’s vodka, combier, lychee, lemon, and syrup and comes with a can of Onda pineapple seltzer on the side.
- Crooklyn Mocktail – Contains blackberries, syrup, and lemon and comes topped with lemon berry.
- Sanguine Stardust Mocktail – Made using passion fruit, syrup, and lemon.
- Caliente Carrot Juice Cocktail – Made with apple, pineapple, ginger, lemon, and pepper.
- Wish You Were Here – Includes pineapple, coconut, lemongrass, ginger, lime, basil, and agave.
- Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire & Rescue
- Flight 44
- Foreign Fruit Punch
In addition to these drinks, Bar Vegan has a variety of wines, champagnes, cognacs, whiskeys, vodkas, tequilas, and beers.
Bar Vegan may not be a big name in the country’s vegan dining space. But, it surely is a place worth visiting for those living in Atlanta or visiting the city.
The food options available here are not only a treat for your taste buds but will also change the prevalent notion that vegan food is bland and boring.
Visit this restaurant once, and you will find it hard to resist your urge to go back there again and again.
Did you find this article helpful? Are you interested to learn about more vegan food options available elsewhere in the country?
Check out my article First Watch Vegan Options to find out what this restaurant chain known for its breakfast options has for vegans on the menu.